Element Six environmental policy
Element Six is committed to operate within a framework of responsible environmental management for air, water and land. To this end, Element Six seeks to strike a balance between economic, social and environmental responsibilities. It is Element Six policy, therefore, that operating management must:
- Manage all aspects of environmental policy as integral parts of company business and planning.
- Develop appropriate environmental policies and programmes, and monitor their consistent implementation for effectiveness.
- Comply with all statutory requirements, and keep abreast of standards of best practice with a commitment to continual improvement.
- Foster awareness of shared support, participation, responsibility and accountability for the environment among employees.
- Assess potential environmental impact when planning any new developments.
- Require all external contractors employed by Element Six to follow environmental practices consistent with Element Six policy.
- Work with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders on environmental matters.
- Aim to conserve energy and water and manage waste and emissions, following the principles of reduction, recovery, re-use and recycling.
- Take all reasonable precautions to prevent environmental incidents.
- Conduct regular environmental audits to evaluate compliance and effectiveness, and report the results to local senior management.